The following are a few field etiquette guidelines that should be followed.
- Never verbally abuse another player.
- Never shoot at anyone that is not wearing a mask
- No physical interaction whatsoever is allowed between players.
- Don’t wipe paint to avoid elimination, its unfair for everyone.
- Don’t Shoot people if they are too close. Paintballs can come out of marker at 300 feet per second! If you ever get hit in the lens at a range of 10 feet or closer replace them asap. Even if theres no damage visible the lens may no longer be safe to use.
- An eliminated player should not shoot while walking out of the field, and should shot be shot at. Usually a player can signify that he has been eliminated by raising his hand holding his marker over his head (or something similar).
The following are a few safety guidelines that should be followed.
- At all times, Handle your paintball gun as if it were loaded.
- Never fire, or even point, your gun at anything you do not intend to shoot
- The velocity should never exceed 300fps.
- Always use a barrel sleeve or plug while not in play.
- Keep safety trigger on until the game has started.
- During a game, goggles are to be worn at all times by all persons on the playing field and never removed for any reason.
- Don’t ever tamper with the valve of the air-delivery system. Always have a professional airsmith do any modifications.
You’ll shoot you’re eye out!
Never ever look down the barrel, regardless if think the gun is loaded or not. This is a saftey rule that I cannot stress enough. It can kill you. This is some footage of a kid doing exactly the opposite. Fortunatley for him, he just missed his actual eye ball and socket.
Also, NEVER shoot you’re paintball gun at anybody who is not wearing a mask. These guys are just plain stupid. By the way, this isn’t funny.
Article Written/Contributed by: mattw05, Ananahead